We all know that a logo is the identity of a brand, a way for the customers to recognize, identify and separate a brand from others. Therefore, it’s essential that the logo that you select for your business be able to do all of that and more! For that however, it’s essential that whoever is designing your logo, be given information that would help them to design a logo that would reflect all that you want it to.
And though we are not saying that you need to lay it all out and divulge all your company secrets to the designer but yes, there are basic things that they should know.
- Perhaps one of the most important things that a logo designer needs to know about your business is the industry which you are operating in. A designer needs to know about your products and services in order to design a logo that would best reflect that. A company operating in a single industry would have a more specific logo design pertaining to that industry but one that has expanded operations would require a more abstract logo.
- The personality of your business is an important detail that you should not leave out. Since a logo helps people to identify with your brand, you have to make sure that its design captures the essence of your business’ personality.
- The USP of your business and what makes your products stand out from amongst the rest.
- The reason you chose the name of your business – is there some meaning behind the name, a story or a message?
- In order for a designer to be able to create a logo that will attract your audience, it is necessary that he knows which market you cater to including details of your target audience.
A thing to remember is this: a logo designer is there to solve a problem for you – the problem of creating an identity for your business. However, until and unless he doesn’t have all the information regarding that problem, he won’t be able to provide a solution.