A banner ad is a great way to reach out to customers and effectively convey your message. However, before beginning the design for any design project, you need to research about the brand. The following are the questions that you should ask yourself before you begin:
- What’s the background of the business/product you’re designing for
- What’s the identity of the brand?
- What are the industry trends?
- Who are you designing for (target audience)?
- What’s the behavior of brand’s competition?
- Where will the banner ad end up?
Now that you have a better idea of the brand and its target audience, you will be able to start designing a banner. However, keep the following elements in mind in order to create a successful banner ad:
- Use strong text to reach out and effectively convey your message and make a statement to the viewers.
- Ensure that your design is not cramped with proper usage of negative space. Proper utilization of spaces allows for your ad’s design to breathe and makes the design more appealing to viewers.
- Brand incorporation in your design is important because it lets the viewers know who the ad was created for.
- Engage your audience with a creative design and a clear message.
- Chose images that are compelling to the audience and are consistent to the brand’s image.
- An interactive banner is a great way to engage your audience. One way to do that is if you are designing a banner for the web, you can integrate sound and animation which would help in distinguishing your ad from other live elements of a webpage.
- Incorporating humor in your banner ad will accomplish two things: it will engage your viewers and will leave a memorable impression in the viewer’s mind.